Start Date: When we find the ideal candidate.
Sundog Theatre, founded in 2002, is a Staten Island-based not-for-profit performing arts organization with an excellent reputation for offering original and contemporary theatre; delivering 100+ arts-in-education programs in over 50 schools; touring theatrical productions for young people; and providing acting classes for children. We are all team players with the mission to create positive change through the power of live performance and the arts. www.SundogTheatre.org
Administrative Coordinator Position – Sundog Theatre
Reports to the Executive Director
Location: Office is in the New Dorp area of Staten Island
Status: Full-Time (9am – 5pm Mon – Fri), non-exempt, salaried position
Administrative Coordinator Job Description:
- Assist executive director and small staff with various administrative duties
- Draft/keep track of agreements, coordinate with customers/vendors
- Update website, create/place social media info
- Coordinate annual fundraiser and holiday party
- Coordinate acting class registrations/schedules
- Set up meetings, take notes, create reports
- Put together and send marketing materials, e-mails, (learn to) create/edit short marketing videos
- Assist with theatrical & touring production administration
- Create/update contacts and mailing lists/spreadsheets
- Answer phones, make copies/scans, write letters, check references
- Order/keep track of supplies and costumes
- Other admin duties as necessary, as this position wears many hats at various times
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Staten Island
- Excellent self-management skills
- Takes initiative and follows throughwith great attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with an ability to handle multiple tasks
- Knowledge of PhotoShop or Canva/graphics program desirable
- WordPress and photo/video editing skills desirable
- Ability to work in a sometimes fast-paced office environment
- Self-motivated, with ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher) and Google Suite
- Needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, etc.; ability to remain in a stationary position (i.e. at desk) at least 70% of time and ability to lift up to 20 lbs if necessary.
Staten Island applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Work experience: At least 2 years working in an administrative environment
We are an equal-opportunity employer.
Education: Bachelor’s or two-year degree or equivalent experience
Salary range: $40,000 – $43,000. Medical insurance and paid holidays/vacation.
Send resume, cover letter, and 3 professional work references, to firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls please. Qualified applicants will be contacted.