Sundog is actively seeking teaching artists for senior centers 2023 in the following disciplines: Crochet
The Teaching Artist for Seniors – Crochet reports to the Arts Education Manager.
Start Date: March
Sundog Theatre, founded in 2002, is a Staten Island-based performing arts organization with an excellent reputation in 4 areas:
- 100+ arts-in-education programs in over 50 schools and organizations; we support our teaching artists, and are team players with the mission to create positive change through the power of live performance and the arts. Rates of pay are comparable to those of teaching artists throughout NYC.
- Original, contemporary, and thought provoking theatre
- Touring productions with educational and social themes
- Acting classes for young people
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
Teaching artists should be proficient in their own fields of art and be able to teach their discipline/s to seniors. Excellent management and organizational skills required. Applicants should possess good interpersonal skills and helping seniors stay active and accomplish new artistic skills.
It is preferred that applicants possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in an arts/related field or have relevant experience teaching an art form/s.
$70.00 – $100.00/ hourly (1x or 2x/week)
Qualified applicants should submit the following via email or mail:
- Teaching artist resume
- Artist resume
- Three references of your work as a teaching artist from supervisors, principals, teachers
- Samples of teaching work, if possible
- Sample lesson plan
PO Box 183
Staten Island, NY 10301