Sundog Theatre is a Staten Island-based performing arts company with several components:
- Arts-in-education programming in schools for students of all learning levels and abilities in the areas of theatre, visual arts, dance, music, literacy, and more.
- Original, contemporary, thought-provoking theatrical performances for audiences of all ages, cultures, genders and backgrounds, in various venues.
- Educational touring theatre productions for schools and communities on historical and contemporary themes
- Acting and musical theatre lessons for young artists 9-17 years of age
Through these programs, Sundog Theatre seeks to expand the way people see themselves and the world through arts education and live theatre. We aim to enact positive change that enhances the culture and community of Staten Island and the surrounding area.
Mission: Sundog Theatre seeks to create positive change through the arts and develops artistic opportunities that enhance the cultural and economic vitality of our community. We use humor and drama to present theatrical works that help view humankind through an exploratory light, expanding the way people see themselves and the world through arts education and live theatre. Sundog serves a diverse constituency consisting of many communities that include BIPOC, LGBTQ+, economically struggling and underserved, the disabled, and multi-language learners. Just as sundogs reflect the sun’s light, artists reflect humankind.
Sundog reaches the following:
- Audiences and families of all ages, genders, and cultural groups
- Children from Kindergarten through high school, in person and remote
- Seniors in retirement and senior living communities everywhere, in person and remote
- Learners of all ages through our theatrical tours on educational topics and social issues