Why Sundog Theatre? Because we do the following:
- Produce thought provoking main stage and educational touring theatre enjoyed by thousands every year through which many artists, designers, writers, tech people and audiences thrive and learn.
- Serve specific needs of schools and organizational programs with more than 80 educational programs in dance, music, theatre, and visual arts at 45+ sites.
- Work with diverse student populations: general education, special needs, and multilingual learners. Our programs help make learning come alive.
- Create and provide educational touring shows that tie in with school curricula and address issues such as bullying, drugs, immigration, and smoking.
- Cultivate and shape budding performers onstage through weekly acting and musical theatre classes.
- Offer opportunities worldwide for playwrights to submit for our annual Scenes from the Staten Island Ferry project and play reading series.
- Foster loyal, long standing relationships with our communities of artists, students, teachers, theatre goers, and community partners.