Our Approach for Arts Education
- We begin by focusing on school needs, then tailor programs to address them.
- We factor in a school’s population, existing arts education programs, and, artistic and curricular goals.
- Experienced, collegiately trained teaching artists are mindfully matched with each school to work with students in the classroom, after school, or remotely.
- Our arts education manager oversees residencies from start to finish providing assistance and support to administrators and classroom teachers along the way.
This is what sets us apart.
Why Sundog Theatre for schools? Because we do the following:
- Serve specific needs of schools and community organizations with 80+ educational programs in dance, music, theatre, and visual arts at 40 sites.
- Work with diverse student populations including young people with special needs and English language learners.
- Create and provide educational touring shows that tie in with school curricula and address topics such as bullying, drugs, immigration, and smoking.